Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Series 3 Teaser

 My series three packs are nearly done.  I appreciate everyone that has bought packs and singles from my first two series.  That has allowed me to make even more physical cards from this blog.  I'm putting the finishing touches on the cards now and I'm hoping they will be ready by the end of July.

I did have to create one more card specifically for this set.  I had been including a 1969 Topps Deckle style card in each pack.  So scanning who was missing from the original set, I noticed that none of the 1969 expansion teams had cards.  There were players from each expansion team included but all were in old uniforms with logos airbrushed out.  Additionally, there was no team designation anywhere on the card.

One the most famous expansion players, not for his on-field play, but instead for his best-selling book "Ball Four" was Jim Bouton.  So by including this 1969 Topps Deckle Edge card of Bouton on this teaser post, I can technically say this is a card from my blog.  Here is also a shot of what the wrapper will look like.  In case you can't tell that is my cartoonized version Casey Stengel on the wrapper. "The Old Perfessor" always classies up the joint.


2 comments:

  1. Looks great. Please sign me up for a Series 3 pack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for the deckle set! It's one of my favorite insert sets of all time, and a Bouton-as-Pilot card will make a great addition. Love the fact that you're continuing to produce physical cards of some of your finest work!

    ReplyDelete