Sunday, June 20, 2021

Favorite Players A-Z (Part 3 of 3)

 Part 3 of "Everybody else is doing it, why can't I?"  Here's "S" through "Z" of my favorite players.  This time there aren't any ties, but a full 50% of them are Chicago cards.  Told you I was a homer.



1976 Topps Ron Santo


1990 Donruss Frank Thomas


1976 Topps Father/Son style Bob Uecker Broadcaster


1976 Topps Rookie Pitchers - Pete Vuckovich


1987 Topps Billy Williams All Star


OK this is another cheat, but his nickname is "Double X" so...

Jimmie Foxx on a rejected Topps prototype



1982 Topps Robin Yount In Action


For my final card, I chose a real one.  Bottom line is you cannot improve on this card. From the high sign, to the six balls nailed to the bat, to the inexplicable pink undershirt. It is art, plain and simple.

1952 Topps Gus Zernial

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you deserved your own list and it was a good one, but I hope the All-Star card project will resume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, the All Star project will go on so long you'll be sick of it. I was really surprised at how many cards there were.

    ReplyDelete