Wednesday, July 17, 2013

1977 All Star Game Honorary Captains: Willie Mays & Joe DiMaggio

In 1977 the All Star Game was held in New York. and both Honorary Captains represented New York Teams. 

1977 Topps Willie Mays All Star

Although Mays could have represented the San Francisco Giants, he donned his Mets uniform for the occasion.  After all, he did begin and end his career in New York.

1977 Topps Joe Dimaggio All Star

Representing the American League was the Yankee Clipper himself, Joe Dimaggio.  

I am kind of sorry to see the end of the All Star break. I will definitely get back to making more of these cards. I'm not sure I will have the patience to wait until the next All Star break.

1 comment:

  1. That Mays card is, um, amazing. Where did you find that photo? It is one of him in a Mets uni I have never seen before.

    If you ever make a physical set of these cards, sign me up for one of these.

    ReplyDelete