Monday, July 22, 2013

1975 Topps Rookie Stars: Montefusco, Parrish, Eckersley, Bostock


In 1974 Topps went to a single series of cards. With that move, several of the top rookie of the year candidates did not appear on cards their rookie season. In 1975 there were 7 players receiving Rookie of the Year votes and Topps managed to get an impressive 5 of the 7 onto rookie cards despite the fact that these cards were distributed prior to the start of the season.

The only 2 players receiving R.O.Y. votes not on 1975 Topps Rookie cards were the N.L. R.O.Y. John Montefusco and Larry Parrish. For this 1975 Rookie Card That Never Was, I teamed Montefusco and Parrish up with 2 other 1975 rookies that did not appear in the 1975 set; Dennis Eckersley and Lyman Bostock.

The other 1975 players receiving ROY votes was AL Rookie of the Year Fred Lynn (who was also the 1975 MVP),  


Hall of Famers Gary Carter and Jim Rice,


And Rawley Eastwick and Manny Trillo.



4 comments:

  1. I would love to post this card on my Lyman Bostock Facebook fan page if that's ok. I will gladly link to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to use anything I post on this site as you wish. The only time I request that you give credit is when I post it from another site (such as Bob Lemke's Blog or Dick Allen Hall of Fame) and have given credit myself.

      Delete
  2. I posted the card with a link to your blog. Thanks again! If you are interested in the page, or have any other Bostock photos to post the link to my page is:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lyman-Bostock

    ReplyDelete