Wednesday, January 18, 2012

1962 Fleer Don Drysdale


In 1962 Fleer didn't issue a baseball card set. It did issue baseball stickers (see the Fleer Sticker Project). It also issued a nice looking set of AFL football cards. I used these cards to further my theme of putting active MLB players on pre-1981 Fleer cards.

The 1962 Cy Young award winner was Don Drysdale. He led the league in victories with 25 and strike outs with 232. He was named starting pitcher in the first of two 1962 All Star Games. He pitched 3 scoreless innings but didn't get the decision in the NL's 3-1 victory.

2 comments:

  1. This would be a great template for a retro set. I wonder why Fleer never went back to this well for any of its "Tradition" sets in the early 2000s?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice set, I don't remember every seeing it before. Makes me wish I'd thought of doing a custom first.

    ReplyDelete