Saturday, October 3, 2020

One More for Gibby

 1935-2020


It's like deja vu all over again. The last thing I want is for this blog to evolve into some sort of obituary page with baseball cards.  But I simply cannot let the passing of yet another legend go without any some recognition for what he meant to the sport and to the hobby. So here is one more card for the 1973 Alt-Topps set.

Oddly, with Tom Seaver's recent passing, I had mentioned Bob Gibson and his 1968 "Card That Never Was".  Both he and Seaver pulled the exact same stunt of posing as lefties.  Both even had their cards make it as far as the same proof sheet before being noticed by a sharp-eyed proofreader.

Here are those actual Cards That Never Were again, along with the proof sheet:


You can see Seaver 2nd over in the 2nd row.  Gibson is 7th from the left in the 4th row.


Of course this latest card of Gibson isn't the first time he'd been featured in this blog.  Here are some more cards that I had made in the past:





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great looking cards and the tribute to Gibson. When I saw the notice of his passing, I kept checking your blog and you did not disappoint.

    ReplyDelete