Sunday, December 22, 2013

#2 - Hardrock, Coco and Joe

My Top 5 Christmas Cartoons



Over the Christmas holiday I thought I would post my favorite Christmas Cartoons and/or Animated Specials.  In keeping with the theme of this blog, I made cards of them from their "rookie" season.  

For my number 2 pick I went local.  If you grew up in Chicago, you know this animated short very well. It was shown on Ray Rayner and Garfield Goose during the holiday season on WGN TV. If you are not from Chicago it is quite possible that you have never heard of Ray Rayner or Garfield Goose, let alone Hardrock, Coco and Joe.  I will just let you google them.

Although this short was shown in Chicago starting in 1956 it was actually made in 1951 so I made 3 1951 Topps cards of the trio. Sorry about the quality, I was forced to use video stills. Below is the full video. It's only 3 minutes long but it brings back great childhood memories.




1 comment:

  1. I did grow up with Ray Rayner (loved him) and Garfield Goose. I actually had one of the Garfield Goose puppets (which are very rare now). Are you going to do a Suzy Snowflake?

    ReplyDelete