Friday, September 6, 2013

1961 Topps Checklist - Cards That Never Were - 17th Series


I went back to the 1961 design. I had been going in order since my 1st series checklist. My last one was from 1975. I just could not bring myself to use the 1976 design. It is just plain ugly. And the ones coning up in the order are pretty plain looking. I haven't decided if I am going to start rotating through all the checklists again or just use this one with different photos. But I am not going to use the 80s and 90s checklists, just too boring.

This checklist really has basically 2 running themes separated by yet another Mantle card. So not much variety.  The photo on top is one that most fans will recognize. Robin Ventura was foolish enough to charge the mound on Nolan Ryan and paid the price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment