Monday, June 10, 2013

1966 Topps All Star Cards : National League Battery

1966 Topps Juan Marichal All-Star

Marichal pitched 3 innings, faced 9 batters and recorded 9 outs. He surrendered only one hit to Vic Davilillo then got the next batter, Earl Battey, to ground into a double play. In a game that yielded 11 runs on 19 hits (5 of them homers), Marichal was nearly perfect. Marichal also singled and scored in his only at bat. He was named the 1965 All Star Game MVP for his performance.

1966 Topps Joe Torre All-Star

Joe Torre hit a 2 run homer off Milt Pappas in the top of the 1st. The 1965 All Star game was Torre's 3rd and his 2nd as a starter. 1965 was also the year that Torre earned his only Gold Glove.

*****

On a side note to anybody who actually reads these posts all the way to the bottom: I've been playing around with Pinterest. I've started posting all of my previous cards onto different boards. I've been organizing them by theme, year, and plan on sorting by team. I have also added a Pinterest button that allows for the images posted to be "pinned" to other's pages. I am new to Pinterest and have found some pretty cool pictures there. And surprisingly found some of my own cards already pinned there by other people. If you have some spare time, (and let's face it, if you read all the way to the bottom of one of my posts, you have some spare time) check it out.

Here is a link to my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment