Monday, December 7, 2020

Dick Allen

 1942-2020


It is with great sadness that I learned earlier today of Dick Allen's passing.

This one really stings.  I grew up a Sox fan in the '70s.  Dick Allen was a hero to me.  I had a homemade baseball bat that was just ridiculously way too big.  We called it the "Dick Allen" bat.  I could only use it playing sandlot ball because it was obviously not legal for little league play.  If you follow this blog, you know that I have used Allen as the subject of many posts. The 72 "In Action" was one of my first fake cards. Here are as many others that I can remember making:














2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of Dick's passing. As a kid, I collected many of his cards and I still have them. Nice cards and nice tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great customs. RIP Mr. Allen. Total badass.

    ReplyDelete