Saturday, August 9, 2014

Orioles 60th Anniversary Celebration At Camden Yard

Joe at The Shlabotnik Report gave me a heads up that a couple of my cards slipped by quality control and made it onto the scoreboard at Camden Yard last night.  I'm pretty sure it was unintentional, but I am thrilled none the less. Here are a couple screen shots of the scoreboard:


As you can see the center card was part of the 1971 All Star series that never existed. Here is my original post.


This one has the 1981 Cal Ripken card I created just a couple months ago. Click Here. I find the card choice a bit odd. First because they included my card at all. Secondly is that they used the original 1987 card and the 2012 Topps 1987 Mini right next to each other.

Here is a link to see a video of the ceremony. If anybody has the complete ceremony, I'd love to see it just to see what cards were used during all of the players' tributes.

Thank you Joe, you made my day.

4 comments:

  1. That is freakin' awesome John!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome. I know if one of my customs showed up in an unexpected place, I'd want someone to tell me about it.

    I tried to keep an eye out for other "misplaced customs", and I don't think I saw any others, but I can't make any promises. As it is, I somehow missed Cal's entire introduction; I think it may have been when curiosity got the better of me and I went to Google on "1971 Boog Powell" to make sure I wasn't losing my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your brush with fame!
    It would have been funny if they'd used one of my Ripken customs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey John that's awesome!!!! Guerrilla art at it's best! Ha! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete