Sunday, January 6, 2013

1969-70 Topps Keith Magnuson

Hockey is Back!!!



It's a new year and I wanted to try some new things. In honor of Gary Bettman and Donald Fehr finally getting their shit together, here is the first (but not last) of my Hockey Cards That Never Were. And I'm going old school. 

While Magnuson was no Hall of Famer, he was the heart and soul of the Blackhawks in the 70's. He led the league in penalty minutes his first 2 seasons in the NHL but more importantly led the Hawks in +/-.  He was a force to be reckoned with on the ice. His number 3 is hanging from the rafters in the United Center. He was also inducted into University of Denver Hall of Fame.

1 comment:

  1. Maggie was a super guy, too. In college, I was doing a paper on marketing at Coke. I called Coke and spoke to a salesman who promised to send me a packet. That salesman was Maggie and he sent me about a box of info!

    ReplyDelete