Wednesday, May 30, 2012

1967 Topps Rod Carew (Take 2)


I never did this before but I really wasn't satisfied with the card I posted and when I saw one of the comments that pretty much echoed my feelings, I decided to call do-over. I think the big problem with the first one was the picture was taken on a very grey day.  I used colors consistent with other Twin cards in 1967.  On a light background, Topps used black lettering which made it even worse. Also I slanted the signature downward which is the way it was slanted on the source I lifted it from. But as Baseball Brent pointed out very few cards have the signature slanted that way. 

It's cool to make cards that other people like, but ultimately I do this for my own amusement. So thanks, Brent. I didn't like that card either. I am much happier with this version.


2 comments:

  1. This one is on par with your excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both versions though this one looks closer to an authentice '67 Topps card than the first. Just head and shoulders for single player cards look like they were being phased out more and more by Topps toward the end of the 60's.

    ReplyDelete