Tuesday, October 13, 2020

1968 Topps Joe Morgan Game Insert

  


I decided to pay tribute (although belatedly) to Joe Morgan by adding him to the 1968 Topps Game Inserts.  He was on the Astros at that time and Topps was in a dispute with Monsanto over the Astros trademark.  So many Houston players appeared hatless or with the logo airbrushed. 

This was actually called out in the comment section when I had made a 1969 Topps Deckle card for Joe Morgan.  I had to agree with the accuracy of the comment and made a second version:


Of course Morgan's superstar status in the '70s made him a frequent subject on this blog. Here are some of the other Joe Morgan Cards That Never Were from past blog posts. 









*****************************************
Just a side note:  I fought with this posting for hours.  The new google blogger is just awful.  I couldn't get the cards to line up properly.  So after a long battle, I gave up and stacked them.  Then my post wasn't showing up on other feeds.  I deleted it the re-made it, thinking all the reshuffling of images might've messed it up.  Still nada.  Finally it's showing up on others' blog rolls but it randomly used the 4th image instead of the 1st. I am so close to switching to a new platform.  Any recommendations?


4 comments:

  1. I guess I'm not the only one to experience that ridiculous delay in my posts showing up on other feeds.

    I can't even get blogger to show any picture in the blog rolls. Frustrating, but I don't plan to start over with a new platform so don't have any recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same for me - All my posts are showing up hours later in others' feeds (but with the original post time).

    Also, 3 of every 4 posts don't include the thumbnail pic on other blog's blogrolls, but they all have a pic in the "Popular Posts" gadgets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff & Jim, What about image placement? Most of my posts have multiple cards. I like to arrange them in some sort of order. Like in this case, I wanted smaller versions of the cards that had been published earlier arranged neatly in rows. Changing the size was no problem but the rows were a different story. Either it flat out wouldn't let me or it would randomly change the order. Cards would disappear, etc. I eventually gave up and posted them as you see above leaving them at default size because a stack of smaller cards would look even worse. It's frustrating.

      Delete
  3. Okay, on the 1971 NL Stolen Base Leaders card, I HAVE to know where you got that Joe Morgan photo from, or if you could share it with me. I'm always looking for Astros photos wearing the one-off 1971 uniform with orange as the primary color but still in wool, buttons, and belts. Please let me know about that photo. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete