Monday, June 3, 2013

1966 Topps All Star Cards : National League Outfield

For the 1966 Topps All Star Cards That Never Were, I borrowed a bit from the 1969 Topps All Star cards. I used the diagonal banner across the field of stars. It looked similar to the diagonal team banner on the top corner of the regular 1966 Topps cards. The bottom half is basically identical to regular 1966 cards.  Although I tried to make them look like they would belong in the 1966 Topps set, if they were not labeled as 1966 Topps I doubt most people would see the connection.


1966 Topps Willie Stargell All Star

The 1965 All Star outfield had 3 future Hall of Famers. In his first All Star start, Willie Stargell went 2 for 3 with a homer 2 RBIs and 2 runs scored. He was relieved in the 7th inning by another Hall of Famer and teammate, Roberto Clemente.

1966 Topps Willie Mays All Star

Perenial All Star, Willie Mays also homered for the Nationals in a game that saw a total of 5 home runs.
 
1966 Topps Hank Aaron All Star

Another perenial All Star, Hank Aaron appeared in his 15th All Star game. Aaron went 1 for 5.

1 comment:

  1. I wish that Pops card was a real one. I would definitely have to add it to my Willie PC.

    ReplyDelete