Wednesday, July 4, 2012

1957 Topps Stan Musial

Horizontal Variations


A couple weeks ago I posted a 1953 Topps Ted Williams which was a horizontal variation of the original design. I thought it might be a cool idea to make horizontal cards out of vintage sets with vertical designs. I asked for feedback but only got one response. (Thanks Johngy) Here is another horizontal variation that I made around the same time. Again, I like the way horizontal variations look and the way they lend themselves to action shots. 

2 comments:

  1. If this image were painted, it would look great as a '59 Topps highlight card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a perfect card. I love it.

    I think Horizontal cards look best when the players name, team and position are on the same side or when any of them aren't intrusive.

    How about an 1981 McCovey, 84 Bench, Perry or Yaz

    ReplyDelete