Friday, February 7, 2020

Cards That Never Were - 41st & 42nd Series Checklists

It's been almost exactly one year since I last posted checklists.  Even though I haven't had many posts, they are usually packed full of cards. These really add up. So for the next few days, I'll be trying to catch up.

I've adapted my Alt-Topps designs to create the checklists.  I tried to match them up with the bulk of the cards included in the respective series. For the 41st series I used the 1968 Alt-Topps design.








For the 42nd Series, I used the 1979 Alt-Topps design.  On this one, I incorporated a photo into the checklist like Topps did in the late '60s. In the past, I used photos of players we lost recently.  Ron Fairly passed away last October. His final year in baseball was 1978 but Topps did include him in the real 1979 set. In his final year he was the backup first baseman for the Angels.





 As usual, you can click here to see all the cards included in these series.  You can also click on any of the checklists in the margin.  This is great for looking at all my cards without all those annoying words slowing you down.


2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy clicking on the link to see the whole lineup of cards on the checklists. Those 1965 dedicated rookie cards are just too nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy any kind of alt, both checklists look good- the Ron Fairly pic seems to reflect both a smile and a bit of resignation on his part. So sorry to see that he his gone now; you could have made any # of choices for a photo-checklist card - this is a nice tribute. "Buzz" (Bryant)

    ReplyDelete