Saturday, December 29, 2018

1976 Alt-Topps Requests

A few quick requests before the end of the year. 



Buzz likes a challenge. He requested a few veterans that were playing out the twilight of their careers on different teams. 


He also requested a couple West-Coast favorites. Billy Buck and Rick Monday.  The photo used is somewhat a cheat. Monday performed his famous flag rescue on May 4, 1976. This photo was obviously taken some time after that. He was dealt to the Dodgers for Buckner (in a five player deal) after the 1976 season.  Again, the colors used in the base cards reflect he colors Topps used for these teams in the real 1976 set. 


Deogolf requested more World Series cards so here are Games 1 & 7.


Bill wanted some All Stars so for good measure I added a couple stolen base experts. In truth, I just needed an excuse to use a photo that incorporated the little used football-styled helmet the Cards used in 1975.



4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! You came through!!! this just means so much!!! I just found out (48 hrs. ago) that I've got my choice - radiation or surgery! I think I'd rather whiff in front of 56,000 people. Anyway, these creations of yours bring back such great memories!! Also, you really got me tagged right, I've always been fascinated by guys that can "really string it out", and go into a "vagabond"phase of their careers. So yeah, I'm more of a 60's than a 70's type of guy...god bless you for coming through. "Buzz" Bryant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buzz, I am sorry to hear of your medical issues. I wish for a speedy recovery in the New Year. Your comments and insights really make my day. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Nicely done!

    Really like the AS and WS cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, especially the All Stars. Excellent picks in Brock and Campy. Happy New Year to you and thanks for your blog.

    ReplyDelete