Friday, June 18, 2021

Favorite Players A-Z (Part 1 of 3)

My mother (probably all mothers) used to say, "If your friends jumped off a bridge, would you do it, too?".  Maybe.  I've seen a few bloggers make an A-Z list of favorite players. So I figured that I'd jump, too.  I'm more than a bit of a homer so look for an overabundance of Cubs and White Sox players.

For the most part, I'm including cards I had previously created for this blog.  I had to make one card specifically for this post (it's the letter "L") and there is one real card which might be my favorite card in my collection.


Right off the bat, I'm torn. Two of my all time favorite players have last names starting with A. So I'm cheating already.

Hank Aaron on a rejected Topps design.
1972 Topps Dick Allen In Action





1953 Topps Ernie Banks


1984 Topps Roberto Clemente Statue


1978 Topps Larry Doby


1972 Topps All Star Pitchers (Yeah, I know I spelled Dock wrong)


1964 Topps Nellie Fox All Star


1976 Topps Father/Son style Mark Grace Broadcaster


1968 Topps Frank Howard All Star


1957 Topps Monte Irvin

First ten cards and only 5 were Chicago teams, if you don't count Grace. Not bad. (For me).

To be continued....


1 comment:

  1. Great list. How can you ever go wrong with Ernie Banks?

    ReplyDelete