Tuesday, April 21, 2020

MLB Dream Bracket Alt-Topps Cards Part 3

A's v Rays and Orioles v Astros


These "games" have already been played, you can check the results here. I got a chance to watch a bit of these yesterday.  I was disappointed.  The graphics were almost non existent.  I was hoping for something more like the White Sox are doing with NBCSN and "MLB The Show". 

The "greatest" player selection was made by "Twitch" or "Out of the Park" or "Draft Kings" or whoever.  I can't say I totally agree. Also there were no players "disqualified". That mean they included "Shoeless"  Joe Jackson, Pete Rose, Barry Bonds, etc.  In fact, there seems to be a plethora of steroids-era players.

These games are going on right now. As I type many American Leagues have already been eliminated. So I'm doubling up today. Just want to get as many cards out while they are still relevant. I'm still making 4 for each team, 1 pitcher and 3 position players. Once again, the card design is based on a rejected Topps design from the late sixties.

For the A's, I made cards of Eddie Plank, Jimmie Foxx, Bert Campaneris, and Rickey Henderson.  On the Rays there is David Price, Fred McGriff, Carl Crawford and Evan Longoria,





In the Orioles-Astros match up, we have Jim Palmer, Frank Robinson, Eddie Murray and Cal Ripken. For the Astros it's JR Richard, Cesar Cedeno, Brad Ausmus and Carlos Correa.






1 comment:

  1. Great card of Frank Robinson. While in the NL in the 60's, he was sometimes overshadowed by the big 3 of Aaron, Clemente and Mays.

    ReplyDelete