Monday, October 7, 2013

1983 Topps Super Veterans: Cardinals Vs. Pirates

N.L. Divisional Series Edition


Carlos Beltran made his debut on September 14, 1998. In 2 plate appearances he had an infield single and a walk. He scored both times as the Royals beat the A's 16-6.


This cards was previously posted here for the Wildcard game vs. the Reds. Burnett got the loss in Game 1 vs. the Cardinals. He held the Cards scoreless in the 1st 2 innings but in the 3rd inning, he gave up 7 runs on 4 hits (including a HR to Carlos Beltran), 3 walks and a hit-by-pitch. All before recording a single out. His overall postseason record is 2-3 with a 6.37 ERA.


3 comments:

  1. Excellent. The use similar poses was a great touch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Coincidentally, I just "discovered" your blog. Incredible stuff.

      http://metsfantasycards.blogspot.com/

      I am a big fan of your work.

      Delete
  2. Wow, thank you. :)
    It's your cards that inspired me to start that blog. I came across this site and was wowed. It made me realize new possibilities cardwise. I don't know what this field we are in is called (cardshopping?) but in it you're topps. I mean tops.
    Keep making those great cards :)

    ReplyDelete